Jul 6, 2013

Blue Red and Yellow Table Runner Or Placemat

Yeah!  One more project completed!  This time it is a table runner ... or you can use it for a placemat!  Either way this blue, red, and yellow fabric is certainly festive.  There are 3 coordinating fabrics in this top - the floral fabric, the striped fabric, and the tone on tone fabric.  The back is a 4th fabric that also coordinates with the top.

 
One of the benefits of attending monthly club meetings at my local quilt shop, Quilt Cove, is that we receive a free pattern each month.  For this table topper I used a pattern designed by Sherri Falls of This & That that we received a couple of months ago.

This is also the first binding that I used the "Elmer's Method" to help secure the binding before I machine stitched it down.  A big thank you to Mary of the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild for demonstrating how to do this at our last meeting.

The fresh daisies are from my flower garden.  Daisies are one of my most favorite flowers so I really do enjoy them when they are in bloom every summer.

Thanks for stopping by.

Rita

Today's Abundance
- Fun summer blue, red, yellow fabrics
- Free patterns
- Christmas in July sale (it starts on Thursday so stay tuned for more info)
- Daisies in full bloom
- Elmer's Glue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...