May 7, 2012

The Bees

Last spring I planted these beautiful lavender perennial flowers in one of my gardens.  I was delighted to see that all of the plants came back after the crazy winter and spring we had - cold, warm, cold, hot, little snow, etc.  They are thriving.  I have discovered over the last few days that the bees adore these plants too.  I usually hear them buzzing when I step outside.  Fortunately, they don't want anything to do with me but are certainly attracted to these beautiful, lavender flowers of mine.  Take a look for yourself...

A view of the bee looking down on its back.

 A side view.  And did you notice the wings in each of the photos?

And here, those wings are busily moving the bee from one floor stem to the next!

I wonder how long the bees will be around?  As long as the flowers?  We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by.

Rita

Today's Abundance
-Bees
-Beautiful lavender colored perennials - wish I could remember their name
-A freshly mowed lawn (but not the dandelions)
-Sunshine and blue sky with puffy white clouds
-Digital cameras

1 comment:

Seleise said...

beautiful pics, Rita! Enjoy the beauty of the lavender and bees!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...