Aug 8, 2011

Universal Truths

Last summer I took a driving trip through Minnesota, Iowa, and South Dakota.  And what route did I take?  Well, it went from quilt shop to quilt shop to quilt shop!  I saw some beautiful country in the midwest - some areas I had been to before and some areas were new.  I do so enjoy driving through the smaller towns and the countryside dotted with farms, cows, pigs, corn and soybeans.  The sights, and yes, even the smells, are good for the soul.

One of my stops was Country Threads in Garner, Iowa.  Now Country Threads is no ordinary quilt shop.  The shop is located on a farm.  The main building used to be a chicken coop and the old barn has several quilts hung in the upper loft where they have  classes too.  By the way, the buildings have been renovated and are very human friendly!

So what does this little story have to do with Universal Truths?  Well, I've been ridding my countertop of  ever growing paper pile and ran across the Country Threads newsletter that I picked up last summer on my trip.  In it is a delightful list of "Universal Truths" and I knew I just had to share some of them with you!!  I may have shared some of these a year ago, but some need to be shared again!

Universal Truths
1.  Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
2.  There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
3.  Was learning cursive really necessary?
4.  I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take two trip to bring my groceries in.
5.  I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
6.  You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
7.  Bad decisions make good stories.
8.  How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
9.  I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
10.  Sometimes I'll look down at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

Here's hoping you had a chuckle or two as you read the list above!  Have a great day!

Thanks for stopping by.

Rita

Today's Abundance
1.  Temps in the low 80's.
2.  Brainstorming how we can send cooler temps and rain to Texas and other scorched states!
3.  A nicely groomed dog - Brandy does a great job.
4.  "Pee Pee" cone orders are ready to ship!
5.  Got bit by the de-cluttering bug once again - yeah!

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

thanks for the grins:)
and I love your grateful list.
-Jen

Jennifer said...

Hi Rita! I just made the 'connection' that I did indeed got to meet you at the Handmade Show in July! I am so slow with the names/faces.. but then I remembered you chatting about your business name. Lovely blog! And I love your 'Today's Abundance'..I am so excited for cooler temps, and I too am decluttering! Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...