Jul 30, 2011

Circle of Love

I have always been fascinated by the symbolism that one finds in the circle - so much that I once wrote a paper on The Circle for one of my college classes when I was pursuing my masters degree.

The circle has no beginning and it has no end and, thus, represents infinity, eternity, and completeness. The circle also stands for inclusion, wholeness, focus, unity, nurturing, cycles, initiation, perfection, centering, infinity, mobility, and more. The circle means we are included, we are drawn in, we are a part of whatever is around us. We also see circles throughout our daily lives: wheels, gears, CDs, plates, bowls, mugs, marbles, eyes, balls, rings, halos, lazy susans, yo yos, coins, and the sun. I can also think of a few companies that incorporate the circle into their logos.

ETSY has circles too! ETSY circles are "a great way to stay connected with other members of the Etsy community." And one of the teams I like to stay connected with is the ETSY Promo Love team! As you can see in the treasury below members have nurtured their creative spirit and passion by creating these lovely circular pieces.!

Have you created a circle lately?



Thanks for stopping by.

Rita

Today's Abundance
-Craft garage sale (I came home with less than I took)
-Circles of all kinds
-Granola bars
-Iced coffee on a hot, humid day
-A thunderstorm off in the distance

6 comments:

WellspringCreations said...

Thanks for sharing your insight into circles--such a simple shape, yet a lot to think about! Your teammates have some lovely items!

--Judy
www.WellspringCreations.etsy.com

Janet Bocciardi said...

Love this theme and the info on circles. It's a repeat I use often.

Audrey said...

What a great post Rita!
I do so love your "Today's abundance" section :D
Audrey

Nancy's WildWire said...

Great post! I like circle shapes to,they express so many themes. Thanks for letting me add a link!
Nancy

Kelly said...

great post on circles.
When I think circles, I think of Joni Mitchell and the Circle Game.

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game



Thank you

SewDanish-Scandinavian Textile Art, Unique Handmade Supplies said...

Great post! I agree the circle is a very intriuging shape. I most often find the 'simpel' shapes to be the most powerful from a design point of view.
Birgitte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...