Jun 29, 2011

Show and Tell

When I was in elementary school, one of the highlights of the week was the proverbial "Show and Tell."  We could bring in anything we wanted to show the class and tell them why this "thing" meant so much to us.  It could be something about our summer vacations, a toy we loved, something from the garden, a story about a recent event.  Oh, the possibilities were endless for sure.  Looking back on it, I believe those were the first public speaking events of our lives!  I wonder if "Show and Tell" is still part of the classroom?

As adults, and certainly as the creative beings that many of us are, I think it is still so very much fun (and maybe a bit more scary) to show off something we have poured our heart and soul into.  I mean, after all, what if someone doesn't like it, or critiques it using words that hit our emotional buttons, or heaven forbid, it isn't sold right away!  But nonetheless, we still create and we still like opportunities to share our creations with others!

So let's do some "Show and Tell" right here.  The only parameter is that it must be something that you created!

I'll start by sharing these purple and green batik coasters that I made - I love the curved line joining the two colors!
Now it is your turn....


Thanks for stopping by....  hope you enjoyed all of the "Show and Tell."

Rita

Today's Abundance
-The opportunity to bring you some fabulous creations from fellow artists, Etsians, crafters, etc.
-The joy of sharing
-Fond memories of "Show and Tell" - I still remember the "hiccup" story
-Moving beyond the fear of rejection when someone doesn't like something I created or the way I created it
-Creativity!  Creativity!  Creativity!

5 comments:

WellspringCreations said...

What a great idea to "Show and Tell"! Thanks for sharing!

--Judy

Janet Bocciardi said...

I love show and tell!! what a great idea. Thank you!

dibbledabble1dolls said...

Show and Tell and sharing..my favorite past times! I posted a photo but not sure yet if it will show..the link to my website does work ( I checked to see)..pop over and say Hi and see what other things I make out of cloth. Thanks for sharing!

SewDanish-Scandinavian Textile Art, Unique Handmade Supplies said...

What a neat idea. I learn something new everyday! I like it :-)Birgitte

Audrey said...

I love your blog Rita!!
Especially Today's abundance which is always a favorite feature for me.
You are so creative! Thank you for the opportunity to share here too :)

Audrey
aka AudreyGardenLady

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...