Jun 2, 2011

Red Apples and Green Leaves

I could spend hours and hours and hours cutting up fabric only to stitch it back together into quilts of all kinds and all sizes!  When I saw this mini red apple on blue fabric I knew I had to do something with it.  I then found the green leaf fabric and the quilt started to come together.  Added the red and that was it!  The end result of all the cutting and stitching resulted in this Irish Chain Quilt.


Two different quilting techniques were used on the quilt:  stitch-in-the-ditch and straight line quilting.  The outside borders and binding are the same mini red apple on blue fabric.  

I have also found other Red Apple and Green Leaf items on ETSY.  Hope you enjoy this treasury - be sure to check out all the shops!


Thanks for stopping by...

Rita

Today's Abundance
-Red Apples (green ones too!)
-Leaves - it is so nice to see all of the leaves on the trees 
-Watching Rusty trying to get to the rabbits on the other side of the fence
-Creative time
-Batiks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...