Jun 5, 2011

Peony Bud

Spring brings so much color to the backyard - everything from the leaves on the trees, the green grass (and the green weeds!), the newly planted annuals, and the spring blooming perennials.

My favorite spring perennial is the row of peonies that I have - it is full of pink, and white, and deep red peonies.  Watching the buds form and gradually open can be such a thrill - despite the ants that are required to do the job.

Here's one of the first buds that is starting to open.  If you look closely you'll also see an ant on one of the leaves in the background and another on the underside of the bud...


I'll post a few more photos of my peonies as they come into full bloom!

There are also some more beautiful peonies in full bloom.  MommaGoddess has this beautiful Ivory Peony Necklace for you ...



MaryFosterCreative is a fine art photographer and her works are available in the form of note cards, calendars, and prints... 



Elizabeth Hurley designs and hand stitches these beautiful one of a kind embroidered pieces of art...



And in LollyBopBaby's shop you will find this cute and adorable Pink Peony Headband...



Stay tuned for more Peony updates!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Rita

Today's Abundance
-Cricut time - having fun playing with paper
-A laid back day....
-Cold water with a bit of lemon
-A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick
-Pistachio Jello Salad

4 comments:

Momma Goddess Treasures said...

Thank you so much for including one of my peonies in your blog post. I absolutely LOVE peonies and look forward to your future posts as they become fully bloomed.

Trudy aka Momma Goddess
www.mommagoddess.etsy.com

Lolly Bop Baby said...

I ♥ peonies and have them in my cottage garden to honor my family roots in MO. Thank you for including me in your post today!

Jill aka Lolly Bop Baby
www.LollyBopBaby.etsy.com

Lolly Bop Baby said...

I love peonies and have them in my yard in MN to honor my family roots from MO. My Grandma, Great Grandma, and other family had them.
Thank you for including my headband and site in your blog today!

Jill aka Lolly Bop Baby on etsy

Kelly said...

I love Peonies and have them in my back yard. We always took pictures with the girls and the flowers until the girls outgrew the flowers.

great post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...