Jun 7, 2011

Angry Birds

Did you know that Angry Birds was launched as an iPhone app in December, 2009 and since then Angry Birds has been downloaded over 200 million times on a multitude of platforms?

While Angry Birds can be addicting (and to some a waste of time), I sure find waiting in lines and at the doctor's and dentist's office much more pleasant these days when I whip out the phone and spend time flinging those birds at pigs and other nonsensical targets.  Better than stewing about the wait time!!

I find the Angry Bird Story so very fascinating!  How can these things capture our attention?  How can something so popular cost little to nothing.  Thinking about the creativity and the technical expertise that goes into each of the levels is mind boggling.  And Angry Birds appeals to all ages everywhere!

  1. Angry Birds according to Wikipedia.  Click here for source.
  2. Angry Birds Rio a Big Hit: 10 Million Downloads in 10 Days.  Click here for source...
  3. There are 25 different ways of downloading Angry Birds. Click here for source...
  4. The total number of hours consumed by Angry Birds players world-wide is roughly 200 million minutes a DAY, which translates into 1.2 billion hours a year. To compare, all person-hours spent creating and updating Wikipedia totals about 100 million hours over the entire life span of Wikipedia (Neiman Journalism Lab).  Click here for source....
  5. And there are so many more articles - just do a search....
And, not only do I like playing Angry Birds, but I also like making Angry Bird greeting cards!!



Thanks for stopping by....

Rita

Today's Abundance
-Air Conditioning - we set a record high of 104 degrees today
-Electricity (to run the air conditioner)
-Angry Birds
-Cold, cold water
-The peonies are blossoming - watch for photos

4 comments:

Momma Goddess Treasures said...

Great info--I must admit I'm one of the users!! I sling those little birds into all kinds of peril. I can play until my phone goes dead. :-( Alas, not everyone understands when I am smacking the phone and talkin' smack to the hogs!!

Fun cards, I know I need some for sure!!

Trudy aka Momma Goddess
www.mommagoddess.etsy.com

Janet Bocciardi said...

I've heard the game mentioned a number of times on TV and finally downloaded. I haven't played it yet, but I'm very curious. : ) Cute card!

Debbi Andersen said...

haha I LOVE to fling me some birds!!!! I get so frustrated sometimes when I cannot figure out the pattern I need to use though!

super cute cards!

Seleise said...

I love angry birds too! hee hee! love the card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...