May 29, 2010

Life Starts Today

The phrase "Life Starts Today" keeps me grounded in the present, rather than the past.  I can't go back and change things that are already done or take words back that have already been said.  Stewing over them doesn't help and wishing I had done things differently is of no avail too.  I do try to learn from the past, however - hopefully, I don't repeat too many mistakes!  However, today really is the first day of the rest of my life!

Because "Life Starts Today" has always been a favorite phrase of mine, when Carla Ekman of Cobweb Corner, started making brass, stamped bracelets I had her design one for me using this phrase!  The bracelets are all natural brass.  They contain no lead or nickel.  And the large, easy on/off large hook clasp keeps it securely on your wrist yet allows you to put it on and take it off easily.

And this is the oh so very awesome bracelet that is now mine!


Carla has been creating unique handcrafted jewelry since 2002. She operates an online store, has her designs in local shops, and participates in shows throughout the year.  Carla hails from Iowa.  To find out more about Carla check out her ETSY shop, browse through her blog and/or  follow her on Twitter.

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Rita

Today's Abundance
-A beautiful, sunny day to start a long weekend
-More flowers planted in the garden
-A nice walk
-Fresh peas from the farmers market
-Pumpkin Walnut Muffin - oh so yummy

4 comments:

SewDanish said...

What a lovely bracelet. That is such a good idea!

And I agree totally....
Life is way too short as it is, so why not make the most of it while we have it :-)
Birgitte

Julie B. said...

I love your new blog, Rita! And what a lovely and inspiring phrase - "Life starts today"! A beautiful reminder to focus on and be grateful for what is happening now. I love Carla's work, it has an earthy, natural look to it.

Linda :) said...

So true! All we have is "right now" anyway, so we must make the best of it. :) I love my life today, and I hope you all do, too. If you're not lovin' it today, I hope you have a better tomorrow. :)

Erica said...

Rita, I love the look of your new blog and the name "Rita's Creative Nest". And that bracelet is awesome. What a conversation piece when you're wearing it out too. Here's to new beginnings :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...