Mar 28, 2010

Polka Dots Anyone?

It's been awhile since I have posted here.  I was holed up in my craft cave sewing and quilting for spring craft fairs.  They were very successful but prep time was all-consuming!  The March ones are over for another year and now it is onto getting ready for May.  But I have a bit of a break here and now am getting caught up on a few things - like my blog!

So today I was back in the craft cave!  However, I actually made something for myself!  Yeah!  I decided it was time to make myself a new purse.  So, as I was sorting through patterns and my fabric stash I came across this pink and black polka dot fabric!  So after ironing, cutting, stitching, quilting, and constructing the fabric was transformed into this purse!!

I quilted the purse with straight line quilting following the same angle used to join the two pieces of fabric.

I used both the pink and the black fabric for the inside lining as I couldn't decided on just one!

The grommets were an exercise in faith.  You actually need to cut out a circle through all the layers in order to assemble the grommets!  But they turned out really well and I love that they are large enough you can actually see through them!

I'm hoping to make a matching wallet in the near future so stay tuned for that post!

Thanks for stopping by...

rita

2 comments:

Mary said...

OMGosh I love that purse!!!! i just love it,lol!

Diana said...

Lovely, lovely purse!!! you deserve it!!! it is soooo cool!!! Are you going to Seminar this year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...