Jul 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!!

Sunday Stroll jumped into my hands as I sat down to create a 4th of July Card. So why this one? Well...

-The umbrella reminded me of the short, albeit, heavy rain storm that moved through here this afternoon!
-The cap reminded me of baseball, America's most beloved sport!
-The striped tie and shorts reminded me of the our our flag!
-The set comes with a "happy happy birthday to you!" greeting - Happy Birthday America!!
-Of course, I used red, white, and blue as the color scheme!
-And, I used the Stardust Clear Gelly Pen to add touches of glitter (think fireworks) to the umbrella, cap, tie, and belt buckle.

The card was colored with our Lyra Aqua Color Crayons using the Tombow Blender Pen. For the paper I picked out the Cha Cha paper Collection and Scarlet Red cardstock. And once again, I finished it off with my favorite embellishment - Scrapper's Floss.

Happy 4th of July

rita

Today's Abundance
-Neighborhood 4th of July Parades
-The refreshing rain storm this afternoon
-Fewer weeds in my flower gardens (there's still more to get rid of though!!)
-A partially cleaned out pantry - I was in shock when I read some of the expiration dates
-Stamping time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...